Friday, May 10, 2013

Call him Master



 
 
 
 
When our oldest child was less than a year old, my husband walked in the door and announced to me "I'm going to get my bachelor's degree."  I remember looking at my baby and wondering how the heck we were going to make this happen.  Well, he worked as a full time road deputy while going to class.  Then I worked full time while he finished up his degree.  He didn't get the typical college experience of living on campus and going to parties.  He had to rush home for our baby swap, and we paid for it ourselves.  When it came time for graduation, we were all busting with pride.  He ended up carrying our daughter across the stage.  It was so sweet.  They talked about it on the front page of The State newspaper.  It was a banner day for the Senf family. 
Three kids later, having paid off all the student loan debt, Steve decides again to further his education.  Over the past 2 years he has gone out of his comfort zone performing very well on a graduate level.  He has grown in confidence and ability.  We are going to his graduation ceremony tomorrow to watch him give the Invocation at the ceremony and then walk across the stage.  We don't have any small children for him to carry across the stage, but we will be cheering him the whole time. 
Another banner day for the Senf family!

No comments:

Post a Comment