Friday, September 21, 2012

Praying for me

When I arrived at school for my final nursing exam, I reached in my pocket to call my grandmother.  She would always say a prayer for me.  I always had this sense of someone else rooting for me and holding me in prayer.  As I reflexively reached for my phone, it suddenly hit me.  My grandmother had passed away the day before.  She was really, really gone.  And I felt all alone.  It was at that moment, that I felt as though I would always be praying for myself. 
Yesterday, I posted a comment on facebook about sitting for a national exam.  A friend popped up and said she would be praying for me.  This act reached down and touched a place of mine that I had forgotten about.  It is that place that reminds me that I am not all alone, that I have people rooting for me.
It really is such a simple act, a few words, a holding in the heart.  It doesn't cost anything, but it is worth more than words can say.

1 comment: