Sunday, November 6, 2011

What if...

What if everything I had ever done in my life were exactly what I was supposed to do?

What if every mistake, misjudgement, error and loss of temper were a part of my journey simply to teach me the next lesson?

What would our world be like if we saw ourselves through this lens of being perfect and deserving of compassion and unconditional love?

What if we learned simply to love ourselves?

Where would our children be if we learned to love them unconditionally? What if we held our judgement and punishment? What if we held our sharp words and humiliation? What would our children learn from being guided, loved and discipled? What if we parents' learned how to invoke our children to trust us instead of provoking them to anger?

Where would I be if I saw myself as being loved unconditionally? What if I felt that I deserved to be shown compassion, love, respect and dignity simply by being born? What if we discarded our need to perform in order to receive love? What if love were just simply there for the receiving?

What if I looked at myself with compassion? What if I looked at my own journey with love and respect? What if I simply accepted myself as being Beloved?

3 comments:

  1. What if the purpose of my life
    was to serve as a warning to others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...interesting. Warning for what?

    ReplyDelete