Friday, January 13, 2012

It'll come back home to you

So, I was sitting in a waiting room today. I was sitting in a rocking chair listening to southern accents talk in the way country folk do. I mean fairly slow and soft. Country folk tend to use as few words as necessary to make their voice heard.
At one point, someone was talking about a boss whose philosophy was: everyone one of you is replaceable. She smiled and said, "He found out quick enough that it was true for him too." The guy across the room said "Yep, it came back home to him." He went on to say that this is the lesson he keeps trying to teach his grandchildren. "Be careful how you treat someone, because it will come back home to ya."
I started laughing saying he was exactly right. I lamented that I don't have the patience to sit and wait. I just get mad, and that ain't good. All the folks in the room nodded and said you've just got to wait. It always comes back.

We southerners have a simple sort of wisdom. Then again, most real wisdom is simple. I was reminded today how much I enjoy the soft cadence of rocking and talking with people. Talking with people who have life experience and good old fashion common sense.

My newest book to read is "The little book of letting go." I'm making a real intention of shedding some more layers and letting go. Fighting back, pointing out bad things, arguing with people who aren't listening has worn me down. I'm going to start letting all of that go and just simply let things go back home to them. Well, I suspect I have a few things coming back home to me, too. At least I can try not to add too many more things to that list.

I'm glad my back hurt today and I had to sit a while for the chiropractor.

1 comment:

  1. The thought that how you treat others will come back to you sounds like the Law of Return from Wicca.

    The Law of Return is one of the tenets of Wiccan. The Law of Return states that what you do will affects what happens to you.

    Kinda cool.

    ReplyDelete