Thursday, December 15, 2011

The real Me

Several things people have said to me recently are ringing in my ears. "You remind me of myself." "I doubt that you could have mis-understood me." "I am in awe of how you have handled this." "I want you to hear I simply spoke your truth of how wonderful you are."

The people who said these things are far wiser and far more successful in life than I would ever hope to be. And honestly, they are the ones who have had the opportunity to see the REAL Me. The real Me is honest, compassionate, loving, caring, sometimes even wise.

Why isn't the real Me always visible? I am struggling with this part of my Spiritual Journey. So many people in my life have not had the opportunity to see this. I am simply not sure of what part I play in that. I understand much of the psycho babble about transference and projection. Yet, deep down inside, I still feel a bit helpless in understanding any of this.

For one thing I am profoundly grateful. For all of my friends who read this blog, stay in community with me and walk this walk with me in love and compassion: I am in your debt forever.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what this means, but I woke up this morning singing aloud the song "Can't You See the Real Me" by the Who. Then I read this. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Why isn't the real Me always visible?"

    At the expense of going all theological on you ;) I think the answer to this question is sin. Unfortunately we live in this messed up world and it is crappy sometimes - and us with it. I guess that is why I have faith, ultimately, because with faith I can believe that someday I will be as "real" as Jesus sees me now. That is a great comfort to me, especially when I am struggling with the world not seeing (or not wanting to see) the "real" me.

    Thanks for always making me think Melissa!

    Amie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, so what is the meaning of sin? Is sin really just a myth? Are you already "real"? A bunches of questions with no really good answers. Thanks Ladies. Sue Ann, synchronicity is the universe speaking!

    ReplyDelete