Friday, July 15, 2011

Whispers




Yesterday, I stood at the edge, looking at the angry sea. I was set to negotiate my future. I am tired, so tired. I want to be done. I want to rest and quit doing the hard work of wrestling with myself, my past and most importantly: my path. I sat there saying all of these things and I heard that whisper. The words of a shaman: "I will continue to heal for the rest of my life."


My work is not done, it never will be. I accept that, although not very happily. More to learn, always growing, always healing. Ever grateful for those whispers.
















1 comment:

  1. Do people, like whiskey, mellow with age?

    It is my perception that older folks tend to more sanguine and less tired and angry. Can we expect for our wrestling to decrease as we continue to age?

    The image of the wise shaman is almost always an elder. Never do I imagine a teenage shaman.

    Can we hope to for more peace as we expand through middle age?

    ReplyDelete